Today (February 18th, 2016), starting my pc, the following error appeared on the status bar of my i3 Window Manager.
What could the problem be?
I tried running the status bar via CLI, and I got the following result:
It was a problem of
locale settings. Indeed, checking it via CLI I got:
That was the problem: a new
locale.gen had been just installed after the update. Well, after having edited the
locale.gen uncommenting the proper line (in my case
en_US.UTF-8 UTF-8) and after having generated the uncommented locale through:
I rebooted the pc and the status bar started working again.
Note that, as suggested in the Locale official ArchLinux Wiki, you should also run
locale-gen with every update of glibc because locales are used by locale-aware programs or libraries (for example glibc) for rendering text, correctly displaying regional monetary values, time and date formats, alphabetic idiosyncrasies, and other locale-specific standards.
That’s all. GWH!