It can be very useful to create a shared folder between an host operating system and a virtualized one.
Firstly you need to install the Virtualbox Guest Additions as explained in this post.
Then just follow these simple steps to create the first shared folder:
- Start the Virtualbox program, select the virtual machine that needs the shared folder and then select Settings:
- In the Settings window, select Shared Folders and then add a local folder to share, clicking on the icon with the green cross:
- Chose the Folder Path (in my case the home folder):
- Now start the Virtual Machine, open a terminal and create an empty folder where you want; we will mount the shared folder there. In my case, I create an empty folder in my home, named shared_folder.
- Type the following command in the terminal:
I recommend it, it is essential to remember the Folder Name!
- To solve this issue, open the fstab config file:
put the following line at the end of the file:
and create the
/etc/modules-load.d/virtualbox.confas follow, in order to load the VirtualBox module at boot time:
That's all, see you soon!