This is the first issue to solve after the OS installation.
After the installation of the Virtualbox Guest Addition, you will have some features as shared folders, better video support, seamless windows, time synchronization.
Thus, you have to start the virtual machine and follow this simple recipe.
You can obtain the Virtualbox Guest Addition in two ways:
- Download the .iso file of the choosen version from this link;
- click on Devices in the top bar to the left
then scroll to Insert Guest Addition CD image
- Now, open a terminal in the virtual machine, login as root, resynchronize the package index files from their sources with
apt-get updateand then install the newest versions of all packages currently installed on the system with
apt-get upgrade. Then install the dkms package:
- For Debian distro, install the ModuleAssistant package:
and then type
to download the headers corresponding to the current kernel, and other ‘build-essential’ tools.
- Move inside the folder where the VBOXADDITIONS has been mounted (usually in
/media/cdrom0) and install the Virtualbox Guest Addition:
- Now simply reboot your virtual machine, and the Virtualbox Guest Addition is installed (as prove of that the machine will appear in full-screen mode: